A Splash of Hope

I was a bit taken back. Someone told me that Fall started September 22, not the 21st. What? All my poetry and comments reflected Fall beginning on the 21st! For decades this day has been embedded in my mind. All day I refused to dwell anyplace else.

Today, I settle into and resign to the truth of those who know much more than me about such things. For all it is worth, I know for 90% of the earth, fall started yesterday. For the other 10%, it begins today. Does it really matter? We live in the midst of it regardless.

Another interesting bit of information I gathered while researching the season is this.

If the earth were to stop spinning for 42 seconds everything not embedded into the bedrock of the earth would be instantly swept up and away into the atmosphere. The article likened it to slamming on the brakes of your car. Everything not tied down flies everywhere.

Movement is essential but what about fatigue, paralysis, coma, or even death?

“Therefore thus says the Lord GOD, “Behold, I am laying in Zion a stone, a tested stone, A costly cornerstone for the foundation, firmly placed. He who believes in it will not be disturbed.” (Isaiah 28:16)

This hope we have as an anchor of the soul, a hope both sure and steadfast and one which enters within the veil,” (Hebrews 6:19)

There is a reason Jesus is referred to as the cornerstone, in the Old Testament as a promise and in the New Testament, a fulfillment for the whole world.

Words of a song I wrote some years back,

“I keep praising and I keep believing
And you may see my emotions come unfurled
But somewhere in this whirlwind
Hope is being woven in my world”

I have been know to spin out of control more times than I wish to admit, and know I don’t have all the answers but I am learning as I gather who my rock is.

We are all in this together
I hope you are embedded in the rock.

Be blessed
Mary

Advertisement

About Mary (tqhousecat)

I am a wife and a mother of two grown children. I love Jesus and sharing my faith through written words. I currently have a poetry blog and also write on medium.com. My main focus is hope in Christ. I only wish that whoever reads this will be blessed, inspired and occasionally amused.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

2 Responses to A Splash of Hope

  1. Frank Hubeny says:

    May we all be embedded in the Cornerstone.

    Like

  2. Yes, Frank, may we indeed!

    Like

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.