Steam wraps my face like velvet
Cinnamon scents rise
Window pane stained with droplets
Forecast again lied
My lips search for spice
But no flavor can be found
Why am I surprised?
dversepoets.com Here is a poetry unfamiliar to me. Not sure I aced it. Fun and challenging. It did not rain, but my tea this morning was all scent and not a bit of flavor.
The Seguidilla is:
• stanzaic, written in any number of 2 part septets. (7 lines)
• syllabic, 7-5-7-5 : 5-7-5 per line. There is a slight pause between L4 and L5 suggesting L4 should be end-stopped.
• rhymed by assonance xAxABxB or xAxABAB. x being unrhymed. True rhyme is generally not used.
• composed with a volta or change in thought between L4 and L5.
• sometimes serves as a conclusion for another verse.